Tuesday, April 15, 2008

27 Dresses.

Okaaay.my promised movie review.hehe.I'm gonna give more proper reviews from now on..so i'll try to give my reviews in a most 'pro' way that i possibly can but then again, i'm no expert with words and can end up telling granma stories.Besides, movies are a very subjective matter so..ah nevermind.i'll just give my 2 cents worth,like it or not :p


Okaay.As mentioned earlier,I caught this movie, 27 Dresses yesterday at Midvalley with wun,jac and callista after the last paper. Actually, there are like about 4 movies I was interested in and wanted to catch at the theaters for quite some time. 27 dresses was not one of them. I didnt plan nor even think of taking out 10 bucks to watch this movie cause I presumed it to be just another typical romantic comedy so i wasnt particularly jumping up and down out of my seat when i found out callista suggested to watch the show. Anyway, its safe to say i've changed my mind :)

The plot is well..okay.it is quite cliche..well what do you expect?Its a romantic comedy!
But...it wasn't so totally cliche for me.In fact,upto 3/4 of the show I was still abit unsure of who Katherine heigl was gonna end up with cos i didnt know James marsden was the male lead(since he always plays supporting roles) -.- so yeah.i was actually kinda blur abt that thru out the movie which was a pretty good thing!cos it wasnt as predictable for me as it could(or should) have been.See,being blur at times aint too bad after all.

Anyway..the plot,though it was formulaic had a lil something different to it.The lines were quite good.James marsden's character had some pretty witty lines..and there were actually quite a number of really funny moments that caught me off guard and genuinely made me laugh. But i think, the main attraction of this movie are the performances. Ah yes. Katherine Heigl was brilliant as the 'cant-say-no' bridesmaid and James marsden was great as the 'cynical but soft on the inside' guy.

The two leads have good chemistry and I've never actually bothered much about Katherine heigl(i dont watch grey's anatomy...yet :P) but she's a good actress who can draw the audiences to feel for her. I really felt for her character and as for James marsden,I didn't really care much about his acting before,but i'm quickly becoming a fan. Anyway,'to make the short story long'(Ps.Paul Ang,2008)...If you're a romantic at heart or you're tired of watching movies with dark,deep themes and want something cheery and sweet for a change, catch this movie. But then again,i would rather download romantic comedies and watch it in the comfort of my home on my laptop :P

Okaaay.my review ended up pretty long. well,i got lotsa opinions :P anyway, this movie managed to put a smile on my face. I entered the theatre being skeptical. I left the place feeling warm and fuzzy(on the inside i mean.the theatre was freaking cold.) So do i recommend it? Sure.No harm indulging in some happily-ever-after stories once in a while right ;)

Rating : 7/10

p/s.Expect more reviews from me.I've got 7 more movies awaiting in my laptop and im ON for some movie spree this holidays XD

No comments: